Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Retrochallenge- it's over

Well, I certainly didn't get much done this time around for the Retrochallenge. I kinda bombed out because of lots of big commitments I had to be present for. So now it's back to normal for me for a while, and back to school. Which means that when I'm not doing work I'll probably be messing with projects some more. Here is my ambitious to-do list for the near future:

1. continue work on my Tandy 102 BBS (for which I am writing my own code)

2. fix all the nagging and annoying bugs in my Apple IIgs internet setup. That Lantronix seems to work just fine until you put it one someone else's network, and then it all breaks loose and strange things happen. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my TELNET connections from freezing up every couple minutes. I suspect it's something to do with the way the router expects to interact with it, so I turned all the settings to LOCAL mode to prevent outside pings and such from borking my connection. It seems to be working great now, but things can always break again.

3. plan and prepare for my trip to the Midwest Gaming Convention. This is going to be fun.

4. and this is more of a low-priority since I seem to be spending all my money on tuition right now, but I am in the search for a Tandy 200. But anyone knows Ebay can be a fickle beast, so we'll see how that pans out.

I'll post pics or maybe a video of my IIgs in action sometime soon. It's quite a blast to hop on and use Gopher, Links, Alpine, and all the other good stuff Unix has to offer.

No comments: